What You'll Do:
The Platform teams keep one of the largest computing platforms in the AdTech world functioning like clockwork. They keep our products running using a broad selection of technologies, like large scale data compute & storage services (Hadoop, SQL & NoSQL), streaming (Kafka), platform as a service (Chef, Mesos), identity management (Kerberos) and analytics (Hive, Druid, Vertica), as well as an extensive monitoring/observability infrastructure.
For the Internship, you will be in a team of 5-7, working closely with your mentor to drive your project, design and ensure best practices are applied. You can ask questions and participate in all knowledge sharing sessions/workshops, etc. You are encouraged to actively voice your ideas whilst learning how to build and ship quality code into production which will likely affect millions of users instantly.
During your internship (6 months) and according to your choice, skills and interest, you can tackle one of the following subjects/ teams:
- Observability: Select, test and integegrate a reporting tool with the current stack: Prometheus / Graphite / Gafana / Elasticseach / Kibana. Migrate Grafana to containers and integrate with SSO. Build a log streaming interface
- Data Processing: Be part of a team that builds our BigDataFlow platform and writes code to provide insight, give the platform users info about changes impacting their datasets (2) and even hint them about optimization opportunities.
- Distributed System SDKs: Smart cache invalidation in a distributed system.
- Continuous Deployment: Implement a mutation testing solution that is integrated into the Criteo CI/CD pipeline.
- Product Reliability Engineering: Migrate admin handlers' UI to Angular and help develop a load testing pipeline.
- Rivers: Create a Streaming Portal UI.
- Data Development Cycle: Leverage the data that we scrape from all our data processing systems to provide automatic monitoring and alerting and in-depth analysis to data producers so that they can understand the sources of delays and make better decisions on the design of their pipeline dependencies.
Who You Are:
- You are in your final year of study in System/Software Engineering or related fields.
- You are interested in developing web-based applications and working on Linux environment.
- You are experienced in Object Oriented Programming.
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player who can work efficiently with others.
- You are fluent in English
We acknowledge that many candidates may not meet every single role requirement listed above. If your experience looks a little different from our requirements but you believe that you can still bring value to the role, we’d love to see your application!
Who We Are:
Criteo is the global commerce media company that enables marketers and media owners to deliver richer consumer experiences and drive better commerce outcomes through its industry leading Commerce Media Platform. At Criteo, our culture is as unique as it is diverse. From our offices around the world or from home, our incredible team of 3,600 Criteos collaborates to develop an open and inclusive environment. We aim to create a place where people can grow and learn from each other while having a meaningful impact. We work together to achieve our goals, push boundaries, and share successes. All of this supports us in our mission to power the world’s marketers with trusted and impactful advertising encouraging discovery, innovation and choice in an open internet.
Why Join Us:
At Criteo, we take pride in being a caring culture and are committed to providing our employees with valuable benefits that support their physical, emotional and financial wellbeing, their interests and the important life events. We will set you up for success and empower you to have a meaningful impact in your job, and an important part of that includes comprehensive perks & benefits. Benefits may vary depending on the country where you work and the nature of your employment with Criteo. When determining compensation, we carefully consider a wide range of job-related factors, including experience, knowledge, skills, education, and location. These factors can cause your compensation to vary.